Monday, June 3, 2013

Keepin' Busy


 I got this dress at Goodwill, because I loved the color, the cutouts, and the buttons on the back. It was extremely too large and fit me like a Mumu, and we all know just how flattering those are. I had the idea of making it a separate top and skirt, because I think it looks adorable together and makes for great outfits separately as I've shown below. All I did was cut it in half, fold the ends, and sew it leaving enough room to push the elastic through using a safety pin. Pushing the safety pin through is a relaxing process for me and rather fun (this is a lie, I find it annoying, and I just pretend it's my favorite thing in the world so I can trick myself into thinking I'm having the best time ever).


  Anyways, it's a quick and easy process of altering a dress that may not fit quite right. I think it has this nice vintage Latina flare, and I've been really into midriff shirts lately ever since I fell in love with high waist bottoms. I did get worried that I may now have too many crop tops, but then I told myself that was silly, and our summers are so hot that I'll be glad for my overzealous sewing of midriff shirts.


I visited Allen again last weekend in Cullman, and it was not as eventful, but there were so many disasters (i.e. the dog chewing to bits my favorite sandals). I have to say that I love that no matter what happens, Allen and I just laugh at it together and end up closer at the end of the day. We had to leave a lot earlier than I originally thought, and I swear what happened when we were leaving was just like a movie and just like us. We both said our goodbyes and drove off in our separate ways. I ended up turning around, and I'm not really sure why, but I felt like it was something I should do. As I was driving back to the house, I saw Allen driving up to it as well. I laughed and rolled down the window and he said, "So you turned around too?" We then talked for a good bit (more like 4 hours. I cried for 2 of them like a huge baby! Thanks again love for putting up with that.) in a parking lot and then actually left. He made me that necklace in the above photo out of a guitar string, and it's now my favorite piece of jewelry. It's my reminder that he's thinking about me as well while he's away.


Till next time,

Jess

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Quite gypsy looking with the skirt too. Of course it looks fab on you with your 10 inch waist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You're at the age where this type of outfit works beautifully. And it does. Coupled with your adorable facial expressions, you're as cute as a kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg thats the cutest outfit! I love the cut outs! I want to get a sewing machine and learn to sew again.... i used to as a kid but stopped for some reason. Of the drawn out good bye, Gentleman Friend and I talked about how the Hard out is an easier way, because its like "Well babe its 1, Im gone" As oposed to "Do i have to go? but your so warm and snuggley!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...