Friday, February 8, 2013

Suffice it to Say, it's Been a Bummer Day

Today I ran out of the door 15 minutes after waking up so I didn't have time for makeup or to do my hair.  I felt messy. Sometimes the au naturale look works, other days it does not. I wonder why that is? If only I could wake up and look as freshly made up as the movie stars do in their films. Oh right like we all just wake up with perfectly rouged cheeks and curled lashes as we smile and stretch. You're not fooling me Marilyn Monroe! It's also back to being grey and chilly. UGH! I want sun and warmth already! Suffice it to say it's been a bummer day. In spite of the that, I'm actually in a great mood. I really like this outfit, and I don't know how I was able to hurriedly throw on something like this, but I'm glad it happened. I'm also going to go to the store and get some noms and that has me a little more excited than I probably should be. 


Button up:Target
Leather Jacket: Belk
Skirt:Thrift/DIY
Tights:Target
Boots:Target

Ok, Since I haven't ranted this out of my system yet to my friends, I'll rant about it on here too. Apparently you all tend to like the posts I rant in better anyways ;). I have a younger professor who is only about 3 years older than me, and is trying to be a mentor of sorts to me. While I appreciate that, I didn't ask for it. It's my musicianship for engineers class, and at first he kept apologizing to me about how easy the class will be for me and was going to try to get me to exempt it all together. He would stop me before, during, and after class to discuss it with me until last Wednesday. I thanked him for the opportunity and just said that I would stay in the class. Whenever I saw him today he, again, talked to me after class and said I could use the A. Whenever I asked him what he meant by that he replied, "I think you know what that means." He then began to talk to me about my GPA and asked me what grades I've made in other classes. I just felt vulnerable and defeated and embarrassed. It didn't really feel like his business to bring that up like that. He then talked to me about the clip of music I sent to him of me playing Chopin's Nocturne in C# Op 27,1 (I sent it to him for exemption purposes). I was really proud of it, and it took me months to get it down. All he had to say was, "The recording quality is crap...but...yeah. Next Friday after class I can show you how to set up the school's equipment to record better quality stuff." Wow thanks jerkwad, you're right I would love to spend more time with you. He's only doing this to me...I don't get it.

Phew. Rant is over. My feelings won't be hurt if you skipped over it =]. 

Till next time,

Jess

6 comments:

  1. Feel better hun! You looks super cute, so dont worry about not being made up. As for your asshat teacher, I have found, at my school, when the teacher is picking on you, and giving nothing positive to say, usually its because you have the strongest skills in the class. they see your talent and knowledge and want to push you, but end up pissing you off. I'd love to hear your piece! Put it up! Or email me :3

    BTW shamlessly plugged you on my blog just for grins

    ReplyDelete
  2. First- I completely LOVE that outfit! It goes so nicely with your hair color. I like the blend of the earthy masculinity of the flannel top with the femininity and flow of the skirt. Great style.

    Second- that's really strange about the teacher making special opportunities to spend time with you outside of class. Thankfully, the class will be over before you know it. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hi-low hem and the way you tied your shirt. You rock in the best of feminine ways.

    My take on your professor's conduct is he's acting inappropriately because he's attracted to you. Be careful. If he gets worse, don't hesitate to protect yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Ally ... be careful of spending time alone with him!!! That's the mother in me speaking!

      Delete
  4. Lovely skirt! I love the drape.

    I had a similar teacher that I had to drop her class. She wanted to get really involved with giving me life advice - completely unwarranted, completely out of context without knowing my background, and kept trying to give me advice as if I was in HER position (divorced with a kid, etc).

    I wound up (accidentally, as I didn't know who I was speaking to at the time.) speaking to the Dean about the situation, and managed to drop the class due to conflict of personality. I'm sorry about the jerkwad, and my only advice is talk to someone about it if it gets too bad. Otherwise tell him to back off, that you're okay, that you appreciate his concern. Brush him off and walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree with shybiker! As someone who has been the object of inappropriate focus from a teacher, that is definitely the vibe I'm getting from him. Be careful.

    And you look gorgeous, as always. I love the hi-lo skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...