Tuesday, December 4, 2012

La Scala's Romeo and Juliet

It would probably make more sense for me to post The Nutcracker since it's Christmas time, and I will definitely be doing that this month, but I was in tears upon finding this yesterday. Usually that's an expression, but seriously I couldn't even make it past the overture before I burst into tears. It's my dream to see Romeo and Juliet live in one of the large, gorgeous opera houses, but I was just as ecstatic being able to see the whole thing yesterday on the YouTube. It's my favorite version with the amazingly beautiful Alessandra Ferri and the very talented Angel Corella. I also found that they have a DVD on Amazon used for around $50!!! I will most definitely be asking for that for my birthday, and, again, crying the entire time I watch it on the T.V.

Without further ado, here it is in its full glory:



Till next time,

Jess

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I just love the flowy dresses the ladies get to wear, the movement they bring to the costumes is amazing. I really love Juliettes yellow dress in act 1 haha. Also, just had to say I really loved your library plan of attack, the idea to take photos first. Good luck on your finals!

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...