Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Black Velvet if You Please

Hello lovelies! I don't have too interesting of a day to share with you. I've been in bed all day, because I feel so unbelievably tired. I've even been asked if I've been crying. I just feel like I've been drugged, and I DON'T wanna be sedated heh-I've got things to do! I finally mustered up enough strength to get dressed and make myself a cheese omelette (Not to toot my own horn, but I make pretty damn good omelettes. Toot, toot!). Then I went to the library to study up on some microphones and speakers and came home and cleaned. Patty Melt (Patrick, my boo) has been slaving away at Game Stop since the release of Assassin's Creed 3, and I miss him. I can't wait to talk to him after work since it is my favorite part of any day. He's the best.

I think this is my favorite outfit so far on the blog. I also got this vintage gingham dress, that I'm styling as a jacket, during my last break at His House for $1. I fell in love with the gingham pattern and velvet collar, cuffs and buttons. It's a dream to button it up and feel the plush velvet between my fingers! I can't wait to also style it as a dress in the future with some bright tights! Speaking of tights I've had these for a year and they have so many tears and rips in them, but I love them! I even got a new run in them after taking out the trash today when something in that trash bag reached out and bit me-I'm even bleeding! 


These over the knee socks are a newer purchase I made at TJMAXX. I love, love, love them, but I had to figure out a way to style them where I didn't feel provocative. My findings so far: They look less provocative with tights underneath or with a skirt. They tend to look more provocative with high waist shorts and no tights. You can style them however you want and probably look more than adorable, that's just what I feel most comfortable doing.


I just adore the bow in the back. I got this teal sweater dress last year and I've even worn it with the polka dot tights, but I think it's great how differently I'm styling these pieces now from what I did last year. I would say my outfits are improving! Which is really great. I'm really coming into my own style and incorporating more vintage and thrift finds.

Dress worn as coat:Thrift//Dress,Beret,Socks:TJMAXX//Tights:Target//Boots:Ross

 Lastly, of course the mirror pic. I hope everyone is having a glorious All Hallow's Eve! I'm not exactly sure what my plans are, but it's probably going to end in me making a candy run to the store and watching scaaaaaary movies in my bed! Eeep! Before then, I'm going to change into some work out gear and go bike at the gym.

Till next time,

Jess

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love everything about this outfit!! The coat is amazing and the layering of socks over tights is perfect with the dress! Lurrve it!

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...