Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Better Apartments and Makeshift Gardens

I'm trying to figure out how to begin this post, but I'm getting distracted by this guy yelling, "Welcome to Moes!" outside. I don't know about you other apartment dwellers, but this is one of my favorite parts of living in one. There was a guy last year who would belt out, The Phantom of the Opera is theeere inside your miiiind!" every Friday morning at 2am without fail. It was only that part too, nothing more. I wonder where he went...I kinda miss it.
Since we're on the subject of apartments, I thought I'd share one of my wants for my apartment: a fireplace. I obviously can't have a real fireplace, or even a real fake fireplace for that matter, so I've been racking my brain for ideas on what to do to still have the warmth and appeal of a fireplace (not warm like temperature wise, warm as in inviting). I came up with the idea of just having a mantle and, thanks to Google Images, I quickly found out that I was certainly not the only one to think of this. I did however find a good many pictures that have given me so many ideas and I am so excited to try it.

9-29-faux-fireplace-diy-11_rect540
The shelf is SUCH a good idea with the bold color behind it. 

1/2/3/4/5/6


If you couldn't tell, I'm kind of a big fan of white walls and furniture with pops of color. I'll let you know if I do try this, but in the mean time I'll just gaze at these pictures and dream.

Till next time,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...